We all love our little furry friends and one way of appreciating them is by giving treats. But for most pug lovers, it’s quite challenging to fish out the best dog treat for their pugs in the large pool of treats out there.
That pushed me to go on a quest to find the best dog treats that every pug will love and enjoy eating. Dog treats play a key role as they account for 10-30 percent of their calorie consumption.
Keep off feeding your pug treats with added sugar. Treats smell good and taste scrumptious and if you feed your pug those with much natural sugar you might end up with an obese pug.
Also, it’s important to check with your vet for treats that might trigger allergic reactions, stomach complications among other health problems.
Today I will share the best dog treats for your pug, why your pug needs a treat and how often you can give them.
So, let’s check them out.
Read Also: Best Dry Food for Pugs
The best dog treats for pugs 2021
The Fruitables All Natural Pumpkin is a munchable delicious treat cooked with 100 % all organic ingredients including pumpkin, banana, and apples.
The pack will entice you with a lovely smell each time you open the bag. It’s prepared with superfoods and antioxidants that are very helpful in the pug’s health.
Each treat is equipped with only 8 calories so can feed your pug throughout the day. This crunchy treat is a USA product.
- Formulated with 100% organic ingredients- pumpkin apple, and cinnamon
- Cooked with superfoods and antioxidants that support the pug’s health
- Each treat is only 8 calories safe treating and training
- Nice smell that appeals to the dog
If you got the urge to treat your furry friend to a tail-wagging goody then you better grab Zuke’s Mini all-natural real chicken recipe designed for any dog size.
It’s equipped with only 2.3 calories in each treat. The mini bites are tender, super delicious, and nutritious as well.
This chicken recipe is formulated with small amounts of turmeric that come with numerous health benefits like pain relief, digestion support, and inflammation.
The scrumptious mini bites are designed in small sizes that make them an ideal size for training your pug.
- Wholesome, tender mini bites that are easy to chew
- Low calories per treat (2.3kcal)
- Formulated with real chicken as the #1 ingredient
- Made with natural ingredients like food berries
The Nutro Ultra all-natural biscuits are another treat in this list your pug will enjoy biting.
This bite is formulated with wholesome, Oatmeal and Pumpkin (all-natural fibers) to help ease digestion especially those pugs with sensitive stomachs.
Unlike the Fruitable and Zuke’s bites, the Ultra all-natural has a higher caloric percentage. So, I will recommend you talk to your vet to know what amount to give your furry friend.
I like this treat simply because it’s 100% natural pocket and very friendly.
- Formulated with All Natural Wholesome Ingredients
- Made with natural Glucosamine & Chondroitin that help support health
- Enriched with coconut fibers to help ease digestion
Entice your furry friend with these fantastic perfect sized crunchy wafers cookies. The treats are formulated with 100% all-natural ingredients.
You get to pick from 3 super scrumptious recipes: blueberry, peanut butter, and cheese bacon.
The biscuits smell good, crunchy, and easy to beak just like fresh baked cookies. Low protein levels mean perfects for dogs with health issues like liver complications etc.
Has no corn, soy, or wheat and each treat has only 10 calories.
These biscuits are made in the USA.
- Have only 10 calories per cookie
- It’s 100% all-natural ingredients
- Smells good and easy to break so the pug won’t have trouble
- Good for senior pugs
Another product from the Wellness is the Natural Grain Free Treat that is tasty, soft, all-natural grain-free, and wholesome.
The treats are protein-rich, have omega-3 and omega-6 that keep the skin and coat healthy.
Also, your pug will benefit from calcium and phosphorus to maintain its teeth. The treats are enriched with Vitamin A & E to boost their immune system.
The bites are soft and easy to chew. Moreover, the treats are cooked with pug’s pup’s all-time favorite ingredients-sweet potatoes and got oatmeal that is rich in carbohydrates.
- Grain-Free- 100% goodness in every bite
- Treats are made with wholesome meats, veggies, and fruits
- Natural soft, good size treats to train and reward puppies
- Great for pugs skin and coat ( omega-3 & omega-6)
- Has fiber that helps in digestion
- Has vitamin A & E to support a healthy immune system
Sam’s Yam Veggie Rawhide is a perfect treat for all pug sizes formulated with sweet potato which is easy to chew.
The bites have a crunchy surface that is very helpful for your pug’s dental health. On average pugs and other smaller breeds will chew these bites for about 15-25 minutes.
You get to choose from various flavors that come with this treat: Veggies biscuits cooked with carrots, apples, and sweet potatoes. Alternatively, you can pick cheese, bacon, peanut butter and the list goes on.
The treats are high in antioxidants and fiber that help boost digestive health. Are low in calories and contain vitamin A, calcium, potassium, iron, thiamin, and phosphorus.
- Great source of vitamin A, calcium, potassium, iron among other
- Low calories hence healthy for pugs
- Enriched with antioxidants and fiber to support digestive health
- Treats have a hard surface which helps in pug’s dental health
- Bites are 100% vegetarian and gluten-free which is super important for pugs with allergies and sensitive stomachs
Good ‘N’ Fun Triple Flavored Kabobs is a delicious treat crafted with the finest real beef and pork covered with real chicken breast, hearty chicken liver, and savory duck.
These kabobs are a key source of protein and good and fun treats that will satisfy your pug’s urge to chew.
The bites are brilliantly designed to offer better dental hygiene by getting rid of tartar accumulating.
- Crafted with the real pork and beef hides & wrapped with yummy delicious real chicken breast, hearty liver, and savory duck
- Well designed for better dental hygiene
- Rich in protein and durable.
- You can pick from different flavors.
- Perfect to feed your dog daily
Read Also: Best pug puppy food
What is Considered a good treat for Pugs?
Going for commercial treats to offer your pug isn’t always the best remedy considering some treats can be prepared at home right in your kitchen. But ensure you talk to your vet first to know the proper food to prepare.
One basic rule of thumb for home-made treats is to regulate the natural sugar quantity and keep it low to avoid getting the pug obese.
Fruits and vegetables such as pumpkin, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, blueberries, and watermelons will offer nutritional benefits to pugs.
Alternatively, you could get commercial treats formulated with these fruits since they come with a good number of nutritional and health benefits for your little furry friend, and of course, they are super delicious.
Ensure the treat contain lean cuts of meat to cut down the fat content and ingredients don’t contain salt and other preservatives.
Well, when it comes to treats, Pugs don’t like a specific flavor but it all goes back to what your dog likes. That been said, it’s important to note that not every treat is suitable for your pug. These breeds are smaller in size which puts them on a hard surface when it comes to chewing treats designed for large breeds.
In this article, I have listed the best treats sorely crafted for pugs. I hope you find the information useful and happy moments treating your furry friend.