If you are a pug lover then you know how much they really love to eat given the chance. In this article, I have listed the best wet dog food for pugs suitable for each stage of their life.
The best wet food for pugs should be formulated with all necessary nutrients and should be rich in moisture.
Essentially, the meal comprises 80% moisture and 20% food content that has nutrients. Most pug wet food contains 8% to 11% of protein among other ingredients which we’ll see later in the article.
A good example is my very favorite Royal Canine Veterinary Diet Canine pug food. Formulated with low fat and contain various minerals and flavors that your dog will love.
I totally recommend this product if you are in a hurry.
Here is a list of the best wet dog food for pugs that are super tasty and healthy.
Best Wet Dog Food For Pugs
The Royal Canine Veterinary Diet Canine is a Gastrointestinal Low Fat canned food formulated to keep a pug’s tummy healthy and ease digestion.
It features omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil that helps appease the pug’s GI tract to allow them to enjoy a chilled stomach. Has antioxidants that boost a healthy immune system.
This food is designed to offer essential nutrition benefits that your pug needs especially when they are recovering from vomiting and diarrhea problems.
- It’s veterinary approved and approved for dogs with GI Condition
- Features Omega-3 Fatty Acids, DHA, and EPA to boost dog’s health
- Designed for pugs with allergies
- Help to improve pug’s digestive system (Low Fat)
- Comes in various flavors: Chicken & Sweet, Lamb & Brown Rice, Buffalo & Sweet
The whole Earth Farm Canned Wet Food is a naturally nutritious food designed with the best healthy ingredients from the earth.
It’s made with all-natural ingredients grain-free chicken & Turkey Wet food that’s super delicious not to mention the chicken flavor that’s mouth-watering on every bite.
The food is prepared in America with ZERO corn, soy, or wheat.
- Cooked without corn, soy, or wheat
- Comes with various delicious flavors that pugs love
- Designed with all-natural ingredients
- Prepared in the US with the best ingredients
Hill Science Adult Wet Dog food is formulated with high-quality protein that’s designed to help your senior pug build and maintain thin muscle.
Its mouth-watering Entrée that your pug will end up licking on his face while wagging tail.
This meal allows your pug to enjoy balanced nutrition that supports your pug’s immune system, lean muscle, digestion and beautifies the coat.
It features antioxidants, Vitamin C+E which helps boost the immune system. Also, includes omega-6 fatty acids for healthy skin.
- Features Omega-6 fatty acids & Vitamin E
- Veterinary recommended
- Formulated with high-quality protein for lean muscles
- The food is easy to digest
- Designed to support a healthy immune system, digestion and beautify the coat
The Natural Balance L.I.D limited wet dog food is formulated with limited ingredients diets that offer alternatives for all breeds right from puppies to adults.
The fact that it has a limited number of ingredients makes it an ideal wet food for pugs that have sensitive stomachs and those with allergies.
It features chicken which provides amino acids that helps maintain strong muscles, sweet potatoes, and potatoes rich in fiber to help boost digestion.
Also, includes essential vitamins and minerals that help support your senior pug nutritional needs.
- Grain-Free thus ideal for pugs with sensitivity and allergic issues
- Cooked with sweet potatoes that help improve the dog’s digestive health
- Formulated with balanced nutrition that works great for pugs at every stage
- Rich in vitamins and Minerals especially Vitamin A and Vitamin B12 that help maintain the pug’s immune system and keep it healthy.
- Has no additives: the likes of preservatives, artificial flavors, or colors.
Get your pug always wagging the tail while enjoying the irresistible tasty Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe. It features high-quality protein formulated from real chicken to help support the dog’s muscles.
Has No-chicken by-products food, No corn, No wheat, or artificial flavors.
The company is known for making products with the finest natural ingredients that are rich in vitamins and minerals.
It contains 12.5-oz cans of Blue Homestyle Natural chicken dog food.
- Formulated with real chicken that offers high-quality protein
- Has no artificial flavors, corn, wheat, or any by-products
- Features essential vitamins and minerals
- Designed for adult pugs
- Act as a good topper either mixed with dry food or served as a treat
Excite your furry friend with the Wellness Stew Canned dog food. It’s natural, grain-free wet dog food that’s rich in proteins and veggies nutrients that are super tasty that your pug will love.
Verified with veterinarians and nutritionists for its ability to offer balanced natural ingredients.
The food is formulated with essential vitamins and minerals to make the diet complete.
Ingredients include chicken which is an excellent source of quality protein and fatty acids, peas for fiber, and carrots a good source of beta carotene that fights cataracts and heart illness.
- No meat by-products, artificial preservatives, or colors
- Designed for everyday feeding and treats
- Features essential vitamins and minerals to boost pug’s health
- Certified with veterinaries and nutritionist
Read Also: Can pugs eat Bananas
Why Should you Use Wet Dog Food
Essentially, wet dog food comprises 80% moisture and 20% food content which is the source of nutrients. The moisture comes in handy for pugs who do not drink enough water.
Also, wet dog foods are super useful for older pugs, nursing and pregnant pugs.
The average wet dog food features around 8-11 percent of protein.
However, most wet dog foods are not durable compared to dry food.
Unlike wet dog food, dry food is made of 10% moisture and 90% nutrients featured in dry matter ingredients. They feature around 30% protein and 15% fat.
Dry dog food has lots of nutritional benefits. Here is a list of the best dry pug food and all you need to know about this meal.
Ingredients to Look For In Wet Dog Food
Pugs are sensitive dogs when it comes to what you are feeding them. Not all food or wet for that matter that’s suitable especially for pugs with allergies, stomach complications, or skin problems.
I always recommend you check first with your vet before starting to feed your pug a particular diet.
These are the MUST have ingredients to look for when buying wet dog food.
The source of protein ought to be the first ingredient to check on this list. It should always indicate the specific animal that is used to make the meal- like chicken, beef, lamb, and so on.
Pugs are known to enjoy and benefit from food with such ingredients.
The most common veges are potatoes and sweet potatoes as they are known to maintain thickness. They are key dog food ingredients but shouldn’t be the key ingredients.
Dog food that has whole non-starchy veggies with the like of apples, carrots, or alfalfa are always a great pick for your pug.
Grains or starches are not that important part of wet dog food but chances are you’ll find them in some form.
I always prefer going for a dog food that has brown rice and wild rice while avoiding wheat gluten a common ingredient in wet food and also corn starch.
As far as wet dog food is concerned, the ingredients included in the food are key things to consider before feeding your pug.
In this article, I have reviewed the best wet dog food that your little furry will enjoy and get nutritional benefits.
I hope you find it useful and good luck picking your pug’s ideal food.